Accident in Pembroke
Pembroke Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth
Tragically,?a 58 year old?Deep River man has died as the result of a terrible?Pembroke accident morning on Highway 17, close to Pembroke, Ontario. ?Brian Pratt?was driving?his 1997 Chevy pickup yesterday morning when he was hit by another vehicle;?a tractor trailer?at the intersection of B-Line Road in Pembroke ?and Highway 17. Sadly, he died at the accident scene. The driver of the tractor trailer?was?21-year-old Muraleetharam?Paramanantham, and?his passenger was?32-year-old Jahanzeb Baloch, both of Toronto thankfully,?were? uninjured.? My thoughts go out to the family and friends of Brian Pratt at this very difficult time.
There seem to be many accidents in the Pembroke area and especially on Highway 17.? Many of these are fatal accidents, leave behind grieving families. Our personal injury lawyers travel regularly to Pembroke to offer free legal advice and give families guidance when it comes to next steps after losing someone in an accident. Our personal injury lawyers often take over the insurance portion for families, so that in a timely manner they receive compensation for things such as funeral expenses and to cover other expenses related to losing a loved one.? We want to allow our families time to grieve and rebuild with one another and not worry about logistical paperwork associated with insurance claims after an accident. Our accident lawyers understand that this is not the time for families to be worried about insurance claims.
What do you need to start a personal injury lawsuit for the death of a loved one ?
Our personal injury lawyers have a prepared checklist of items needed to ensure that expenses are covered and that families receive compensation when they are entitled to it.?? Even if you simply have a question and need advice, our personal injury lawyers are available for free consultations and can help answer any questions you may have. We understand, we care and we’re here to help.
Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth…What does an Ottawa personal injury lawyer do?
Ottawa personal injury lawyers help Ontario accident victims and their families get the help, support and compensation they need following an accident in Ontario. An Ottawa?personal injury lawyer not only represents and negotiates for you when it comes to your insurance claim, they also help in rebuilding lives after an Ontario?accident. The best Ottawa personal injury lawyers work closely doctors, social worker and the entire rehabilitative team to ensure that accident victims have the best possible recovery. An Ottawa personal injury lawyer can help refer accident victims to specialists and help locate resources in the community.
As an Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer, I specialize in the following areas:
Ontario Spinal Cord Injury, Ontario Brain Injury, Ontario Amputation Injury, Ontario Head Injury, Ontario Whiplash Injury, Ontario Slip and Fall Accidents, Ontario Wrongful Death Accidents, Ontario Accident Benefits Insurance Claims, Ontario Orthopedic Injury, Ontario Broken Bones Accidents, Ontario Catastrophic Injury, and Ontario Traumatic Injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Ontario?car accident, there is help and support available to you.? You do not have to do this on your own. Contact an Ottawa personal injury lawyer for help.
Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer David Hollingsworth…Since 1999,?our experienced personal injury lawyers? at app cá độ bóng đá www.relationshipinspired.com have helped thousands of Ontario accident victims and their families get the support and compensation?they need after an accident. Our Ottawa personal injury lawyers bring an exceptional legal team that is dedicated to our clients.? We are constantly being recommended by past clients. We work extremely hard to ensure that we are doing everything?we can to help.? We understand how difficult your life is after an accident.? We meet daily with people whose lives have been affected by tragedy,so we know that there are many things we can do to help you.? You should not even be thinking about things like bills and compensation.? You should be thinking?about your recovery, your family and yourself.? We are here to listen, to understand, to fight for you and to get?our Ontario personal injury clients?everything you need. We have a long list of past clients who would be happy to speak with you and tell you what we were able to do for them.?? If you or a loved one has suffered?serious personal injury accident, we want to?help you?and give you?the help and support you need. We work on contingency; which means you do not need to pay us at all until you have received your settlement cheque. We know you are going through a lot and we are sorry.? Let us help you….
How long does a personal injury lawsuit take in Ontario?
After an accident, your world is turned upside down. You may have lost a loved one or you may be in pain and unable to do some everyday tasks you once could. You probably have a million questions that need to be answered.
An Ontario personal injury lawyer can help answer any questions you may have that relate to Ontario accidents, personal injury, accident benefits, insurance claims, medical specialists, services available and more …
Most people who come to me as an Ontario personal injury lawyer want to know: how their case will proceed , how long it will take and what is the maximum compensation they are entitled to in Ontario.
There is no one answer to these questions but after reviewing all the facts in your case, an Ontario personal injury lawyer can best give you an idea of what course to take and what compensation you are entitled to.
What happens in an Ontario personal injury lawsuit?
Shortly after you hire an Ontario personal injury lawyer, they will notify the defendant (i.e. the person’s insurance company who you plan to sue) that you intend to file a claim.
Typically, the insurance company will try to negotiate directly with you and hope that an Ontario personal injury lawyer does not become involved.
The reason for this is that typically Ontario personal injury lawyers can negotiate a much much larger settlement amount in compensation.
They know how to develop a personal injury case to show not only what compensation you need now but what compensation you will need in 20 years from now, as the result of an accident.
If the insurance company does not offer you a reasonable amount, your Ontario personal injury lawyer will commence the lawsuit. This is done by filing a document called a “Statement of Claim” with the Court office and then serving the defendant with the Statement of Claim.
The insurance company generally have their own lawyers and will in turn file a “Statement of Defence”.
The Ontario personal injury lawyer and the representative for the insurance company then exchange documents and proceed to “examinations for discovery”.
At the examinations for discovery, each side is asked questions about the accident by the other party’s lawyer.
The best Ontario personal injury lawyers will arrange medical examinations for you. The insurance company is also entitled to have you seen by medical professionals it chooses, although there are limits on this right. This is not something you should be afraid of; don’t worry.
Your Ontario personal injury lawyer and the insurance company can offer settlement compensation at any point and your Ontario personal injury case can be resolved at any given moment. A lot of Ontario lawsuits are settled at a “mediation”.
A mediation in Ontario is an attempt to settle the case. The Ontario personal injury lawyer and the insurance company agree upon the mediator they want to reach a settlement amount in their personal injury case.
A few months before trial, there will also be a “pre-trial” meeting.
The pre-trial meeting is a venue, whereby an Ontario judge can offer input to the Ontario personal injury lawyer, as well as the lawyer for the insurance company. Typically, the Ontario judge will offer their opinions in regards to the strengths and weaknesses of the case.
Often times, cases settle at, or shortly after, the pre-trial meeting. Most Ontario personal injury lawsuits are settled before trial.
However, some lawsuit do not settle and you will be given a trial date. The unsuccessful party at trial can appeal the trial decision to the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
How long does a personal injury lawsuit in Ontario take to resolve?
The length of time it takes to resolve an Ontario personal injury lawsuit depends on many factors:
- How quickly you respond to your Ontario personal injury lawyer’s requests for information and documents;
- If the insurance company is cooperative;
- How long it takes for your doctors to provide a report as to what the long term implications of your personal injuries will be;
- How much time it takes to prepare and receive reports from doctors, other health professionals and other institutions;
- How long it takes for the defence lawyer to arrange various defence medical examinations: and
- How long it takes to obtain a trial date in Ontario. The sooner you commence your lawsuit, the better.
The most important thing you need to do after an accident is recover and rebuild. You will need help and support. Ask for help from friends and family. They are for you. Don’t worry about your Ontario personal injury lawsuit. Your Ontario personal injury lawyer will do that for you.
They will represent you and fight on your behalf to ensure that you get everything you need and are entitled to. These are some of the most difficult and stressful times of your life; focus on yourself, family , friends and recovery. By hiring one of the best Ontario personal injury lawyers, you can concentrate on your recovery.
Visit app cá độ bóng đá www.relationshipinspired.com for more information. David understands, he cares and he is here to help.
mobile (613) 978-9549 / (613) 237-4922 ext.203
DO:?Remain at the scene of an accident.
- Call the police and advise of the nature of injuries suffered at the scene of an accident.
- Provide the following information: your name and address, your vehicle permit number, and the name and address of the owner of the car (if it is not your car).
- Get the names, address, phone number, vehicle permit number and insurance information from the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Get the names, address, and phone numbers of any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Write down anything anybody says about how the accident happened.
- Tell the police officer if you think another driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Move the vehicles, or any debris, unless they are a potential hazard to other motorists; or
- Sign documents or discuss the accident with anyone but the police.
What should I do after I’ve been at the scene of an accident ?
- When you get to the hospital or to your home, you should call your insurance agent immediately. ?If you do not have your own insurance you may be entitled under someone else’s policy or through the Ontario’s Superintendent of Insurance through the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund.
- Make an appointment with your family doctor or attend a walk-in clinic.
- Take photographs of any damage to your car, truck, bicycle or motorcycle.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer.
- If you have any visible injuries, take photographs of these injuries.? Also take photographs of any damaged clothing or belongings.
- Contact your employer or school and advise them that you were in an accident.
- Consider your needs for specialized equipment and home modifications.
- Keep a detailed record of all medications taken, assistance received from family, friends or professionals, all rehabilitation or doctors’ appointments, progress or development in physical, psychological or mental injuries, and all out of pocket expenses including parking, wheel chair rental, ambulance bills etc..
- Comply with all requirements of the Accident Benefits.
- Let your personal injury lawyer assist in completing the Accident Benefits forms.
- Provide any statements to your insurance company until you have consulted with a personal injury lawyer.
If you have any questions at all that relate to personal injury and accidents, please don’t hesitate to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.